Note that this Policy may be modified from time to time in our sole discretion, so check back frequently. We will notify you of any changes to the Policy by posting a new Policy and updating the “last modified” date at the top of this page.
How do we collect information?
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered User of our Service, and when you use certain aspects of our Service (e.g., entering an email address on a form to send an email from your Findation account).
- We collect information when you register to join Findation by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter) via our Service. For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
What information does Findation collect, and how do we use it?
There are a couple of different types of information that Findation may collect as part of your use of the service.
Firstly, if you enter your foundation matches, we will collect this information and use it to help us match you with suitable colours in other brands. We will also use it to improve Findation’s matching accuracy, for the benefit of other users. Foundation match information cannot be used to identify you personally.
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your foundation match information - see above) to provide the Service to you. For example:
- Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide. This enables you to save your Findation matches and return to them at any time.
- Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Findation newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings. (See “Your choices regarding information,” below.)
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- Emailing your results. If you choose to email your results to yourself, we will use your email address to send you the information you’ve requested.
Log Data. When you visit the Service, whether as a registered User or a non-registered User just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. (See “Your choices regarding information,” below.)
Sharing of your information
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Facebook Connect and Twitter. We allow Users to link their Facebook and Twitter accounts to our Service. Users can then post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook/Twitter service. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect and/or Twitter. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on Facebook/Twitter by making selections in your “Edit Profile” settings via the Service.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Findation cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Findation or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers. Findation may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
Your choices regarding information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Findation account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Links to other sites and services
Our Service contains links to other third-party websites and online services. If you choose to visit another website or online service by clicking on a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we may link to a website or online service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and online services, and these third parties may place their own cookies or other files on your computer and collect data or solicit Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information from you. Other sites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites or online services you visit before providing any information or using such websites or services.